Awarded By: GMU
Guglielmo Marconi University
Number of Modules
Diploma in Fashion Design
Guglielmo Marconi University
Fashion industry is dynamic, challenging and ever evolving. Discover the many facets of fashion and begin your journey in the exciting world of creativity, culture, art, and design. The Diploma in Fashion Design is designed to develop a broader understanding of the fashion industry and to provide a foundation for students to explore the field of fashion. The program is awarded by the Gudlielmo Marconi University (GMU), Italy.
Aim of the Program
The aim of the programme is to introduce learners to fashion and its creative
practices. Learners are encouraged to create and develop their own creative identity and are supported to question the scope of their creative practice. The pedagogy of the course follows an innovative and experimental approach, and the students are trained to lead an efficient creative practice that is reliable and responsible in their real-world application.
About Guglielmo Marconi University, Italy
Guglielmo Marconi University is the first Italian Open University recognized by the Italian Ministry of Education, University and Research (MIUR). It currently has 16.000 students enrolled across 6 Schools: Business, Law, Political Sciences, Applied Sciences &Technologies, Arts, and Education Science.
GMU offers a wide range of lectures, workshops, and research ventures, exploring the use of technological advancements in education, providing interdisciplinary knowledge, skills and competences, with a particular focus on global perspectives, contemporary culture and Industry
- Elements and Principles of Design
- Trend Forecasting
- Material Testing – fibres, yarns, and fabrics
- Fashion Illustration Tools and Techniques
- Basics of Pattern Making
- Basics of Garment Construction
- Presentation Techniques
- Creating a design portfolio
The program consists of 3 units and will be delivered onsite.
Introduction to Fashion Design
Aim of the unit is to promote the use of a logical design process towards the creation of original fashion outcomes, and to create an awareness of fashion and promote experimentation through innovative approaches to fashion practice.
Understand the roles, relationships, and delivery models of HR managers in an organizational context.
- Evidence analysis of appropriate research and its application to fashion ideas and/or design generation.
- Demonstrate, via submission of practical work/design outputs, awareness of the creative process and the application of a range of technical skills towards original fashion outcomes appropriate to a brief.
- Evaluate individual practice via engagement in a range of review processes and personal reflective practice.
Fashion Art Illustration
Aim of the unit is to introduce learners to the fundamentals of fashion llustration to develop an essential understanding of modes of visual communication within a fashion context. Learners will examine freehand modes of drawing and illustration using multiple mediums and learn about the importance of drawing and its relationship to the human body.
- Evaluate and apply the theories and techniques used in developing new illustration skills in the fashion and design industry that utilize originality and self-direction.
- Develop an original aesthetic sensibility to illustration and visual presentation.
- Communicate and share clearly and effectively design concepts and independently developed body of work.
Fashion Design Focus
Aim of the unit is to promote the effective use of research methodologies and
promote individual focus through a variety of fashion related activities and to develop a more focused approach to a personal design identity within a specialist fashion market.
- Evidence analysis of appropriate research and its application to fashion concepts and design generation.
- Demonstrate in depth design and applied technical methods to project work.
- Demonstrate an ability to produce a three-dimensional body of work to a professional standard.
- Formulate a range of visual and conceptual approaches to justify and apply appropriate methods of presentation.