Awarded By: GMU
Guglielmo Marconi University
Number of Modules
Diploma in Fashion Illustration
About the Program:
The program aims to introduce learners to the history of fashion illustration. It helps them apply illustration tools and techniques used in the industry. The learners will develop skills in hand-rendered and computer-aided illustrations. Also, it will build learners’ understanding of the anatomy of the human and fashion figure and explore the basic principles of model drawing. This program is ideal for individuals who want to build an illustration portfolio or for fashion professionals to hone their skills for professional practice.
This is a beginner’s level program and needs no previous work experience or academic qualifications. It consists of 3 units and will be delivered onsite.
Aim of the Program
The course is curated keeping in mind a fresher in the field of fashion illustration with little to no prior experience or educational background. The aim of the course is to introduce and instill core knowledge of fashion illustration. The course aims to equip students with the necessary skills required to fulfil industry demands.
About Guglielmo Marconi University, Italy
Guglielmo Marconi University is the first Italian Open University recognized by the Italian Ministry of Education, University and Research (MIUR). It currently has 16.000 students enrolled across 6 Schools: Business, Law, Political Sciences, Applied Sciences &Technologies, Arts, and Education Science.
GMU offers a wide range of lectures, workshops, and research ventures, exploring the use of technological advancements in education, providing interdisciplinary knowledge, skills and competences, with a particular focus on global perspectives, contemporary culture and Industry
- Human Anatomy
- Sketching Block Figures
- Fleshing & Stylization of Stick Figures
- Croquis Drawing
- History of Illustration
- Medium & Techniques
- Drawing Methods
- Garment Rendering
- Digital Illustration
- Portfolio Development
Fashion Model Drawing
The unit aims to develop in learners a basic understanding ofhuman anatomy and introduce them to the basic principles offashion model drawing. Learners will sketch block figures, fleshfigures, and croquis.
- 1. Develop an understanding of the basic human anatomy through drawing
- 2. Draw croquis with garment details
- 3. Draw and sketch block figures, & flesh figures in different poses
- 4. Develop a portfolio of an independently developed body of work
Module 2 : Fashion Art Illustration
The unit aims to introduce learners to the fundamentals of fashionillustration to develop an essential understanding of modes of visualcommunication within a fashion context. Learners will examinefreehand modes of drawing and illustration using multiple mediums.
- 1. Evaluate and apply the theories and techniques used in developing new illustration skills in the fashion and design industry that utilize originality and self-direction
- 2. Communicate and share clearly and eff¬ectively design concepts and an independently developed body of work
- 3. Develop an original aesthetic sensibility to illustration and visual presentation
Computer Aided Drawing
This unit aims to provide learners with opportunities todevelop their understanding and knowledge of CADsoftware applications used in the illustration industry,and the practical skills to utilize the technology withintheir creative work.
- 1. Use CAD software to produce visualizations and technical drawings
- 2. Present clearly and e¬ffectively an independently developed body of work
- 3. Present drawings and renderings, for a given project, produced using illustration software