About the UCAM University
20% Loyalty discount for members of MBA alumni of Westford Education Group Institutions.
What is a DBA ?
Who should consider a DBA ?
Doctorate of Business Administration are driven by a desire to ignite real change in their companies or fields through data-driven decision-making. The online or part-time program will be of particular benefit to experienced C’level executives, senior managers, department heads, consultants, management educators and entrepreneurs. The DBA degree experience challenges the learner to sharpen critical and analytical expertise. You will develop your skills in research to become an expert in your domain with a proven ability to think outside the box.
DBA and PhDs. – Equal but Different
Annual Research & Leadership Boot Camp
The institution hopes to gain a better understanding of how global education and research institutions contribute to the innovation and competitiveness. We also look forward to facilitating new collaborations and providing global visibility to relevant experiences and original thought in the field, through this initiative.
Westford Research Journals
DBA is structured in two stages
This is comprised of five modules taught in year 1, contributing to 60 ECTS Credits.
The purpose of Year One is to provide a theoretical and practical foundation in research methodology for advanced empirical research within the management field. The later part of year one is to apply knowledge and understanding of research methodology to an actual pilot study and overall thesis proposal and to reflect on own performance as a researcher.
|Module Code||Module Name||ECTS Credits|
|M1||Research Methodology and Methods||10|
|M2||Research Issues within Contemporary Management||10|
|M3||Interim Research Project (Pilot Study)||10|
|M4||Designing a Research Project (Thesis Proposal)||20|
|M5||Developing as a Researcher (Individual Reflection)||10|
|Module Code||Module Name||ECTS Credits|
|M6||Practice Based Thesis||120 ECTS Y|
Early Exit Award – The Master of Philosophy
- To explore the main research philosophies and paradigms within the field of management research
- To critically understand the methods of quantitative and qualitative data collection and analysis
- To demonstrate advanced skills in data handling, using appropriate statistical software
- To demonstrate high-level skills in qualitative research methods
- To demonstrate deep competence in quantitative research methods
- To understand and conceptualize a ‘research problem’ in contemporary management
- To analyses how management researchers have conducted significant research projects
- To evaluate and critically review research at the forefront of the discipline or professional practice of interest.
- To identify and assess potential areas of research within different management disciplines
- To demonstrate the ability to devise, plan and conduct an extended piece of independent work (in an ethical manner)
- To critically assess the chosen topic in the context of the current literature (including existing studies)
- To critically analyze data to offer a sophisticated interpretation of results/findings, bringing original thinking to bear, in order to draw justified conclusions
- To synthesize and present research findings in the form of a structured written dissertation.
- To identify a topic for systematic and critical review, which is at the forefront of research in practice in your professional context
- To develop an appropriate research question that will allow for secondary material to be critically analyzed effectively, empirical research to be conducted, and for conclusions to draw
- To demonstrate a deep critical understanding of the appropriate theoretical and empirical sources of information, which is relevant to the topic of a chosen methodology
- To understand and analyze the principles of reflective practice in both management and research
- To critically reflect on own competence and development needs as a management researcher
- To identify the further skills required to successfully grow and develop as a doctoral-level researcher in a management field
- To identify how any required skills or competencies may be attained and to plan accordingly
- To research (ethically) and complete a doctoral-level thesis, which represents an original contribution to scholarly and professional thinking, and of a quality worthy of publication.
Boris Pok Yin Luk
Founder - Solomon CorporateServices Limited
Director of Government and End User Computing Operations in MEIA
Regional Commercial Director
Field Service Engineer
Meshal Al Otaibi
Ernest Kweku Otoo
Director of Facilities Management
General Manager- Customer Operations Support
Senior Officer- Projects and Planning