Guglielmo Marconi University
PG Diploma in Engineering Management
Awarded by Guglielmo Marconi University, Italy
This course in Engineering Management, with a core management curriculum covering a variety of technical aspects, provides beginners as well as experienced engineers with a tech-savvy alternative capsule of a management degree, thereby equipping engineering and science graduates/professionals to become future industry leaders.
About Guglielmo Marconi University (GMU)
Guglielmo Marconi University is a modern higher education institution, which aims to pursue the latest innovative training models, as well as building strong connections with the organizations at the forefront of advanced technologies. Being fully accredited by the Italian Ministry of Education, University and Research, it offers programs recognized at the European and extra-European level giving students the possibility to develop their international career and succeed in a globalized job market.
Marconi University Schools maintain the highest standard of program quality and innovation. Six separate schools provide a variety of graduate, doctoral and certificate programs, as well as multidisciplinary learning opportunities. The school aims to engage students in their educational journey, leveraging faculty expertise, and a collaborative learning environment that spurs critical thinking and creative skills. Marconi schools focus on research and innovation, creating interdisciplinary programs that respond to real-world issues and job demands. Their diverse academic community now boasts over 14000 students enrolled in graduate and postgraduate programs, over 300 faculty members, and an academic advising staff comprising of over 200 professionals.
Module One: Engineering Management
The purpose of this module is to enable engineers, technical specialists, and business professionals to lead projects and programs to take on leadership roles in a technology-based business. It also provides an opportunity for learners to learn and study the challenges of fast-growing markets in the technical and business sector.
Module two: Engineering Optimisation and Total Quality Management
This module is intended to give learners many opportunities to expand their skills and knowledge in Engineering Optimization with the latest trends in technology and management. It provides a deeper insight into entrepreneurship, research and development, and business optimisation in engineering operations, products, and services. In addition, it involves learners in key concepts, theories and models of quality management and industry operations and their strategic importance.
- Understand organizational structure and its innovative approaches in delivering engineering services
- Understand the impact of engineering management within manufacturing and services industry.
- Understand the challenges associated with the management of engineering functions and processes and consider how to build a workforce that supports innovation in the delivery of engineering services.
- Understand the key contributions of leadership and innovation within the industry.
- Understand the role of HR management to attract, develop and retain talented engineers.
- Understand the significance of strategy formulation and implementation in the evolving and
highly competitive engineering industry.
- Understand the concepts and application of marketing management within the engineering
- Understand Porters Five Force Model and be able to develop strategies using the concept.
- Evaluate segmentation, targeting and positioning of engineering products and services.
- Understand the supply chain management process in the manufacturing and service
- Understand the process of innovation, management, and protection of R&D in the
management of technology-driven engineering projects.
- Understand the role of decision making and risk and uncertainty appraisals in Engineering Entrepreneurship and commercialisation of technology
- Analyse the role of technology audit, technology transfers and global technology strategies in the wider context of delivering engineering products and services.
- Understand current theories, concepts and models that apply to the field of quality and operations management.
- Understand quality management planning and processes from a strategic perspective.
- Understand the relevance and application of total quality management in delivering
PG Engineering Management Degree is suitable for learners with a degree in Engineering and want to learn more about the management side of the business. You could be an experienced engineer or just starting a career as an engineer. These programs will teach you many domains of management and how they can be related to engineering operations.