Post Graduate Diploma in
Awarded By: GMU
Guglielmo Marconi University
Number of Modules
Post Graduate Diploma in Project Management
About the Program:
This Diploma course in Project Management offered by Westford University College in conjunction with Guglielmo Marconi University emphasises the strategic requirement in managing a portfolio of projects to deliver organizational goals and encourages deeper understanding of theories using case studies and critical thinking. This course aims to develop competencies and capabilities, which contribute to the firm’s sustainable competitive advantage. It offers a fast and thorough road to professional advancement in a variety of industries, where project managers, play a critical role in ensuring the development and execution of plans using best practices that help the firm thrive.
About Guglielmo Marconi University, Italy
UniversitàdegliStudi Guglielmo Marconi internationally referred to as Guglielmo Marconi University, is the first Italian Open University recognized by the Italian Ministry of Education, University and Research (MIUR). It currently has 16.000 students enrolled across 6 Schools: Business, Law, Political Sciences, Applied Sciences &Technologies, Arts, Education Science.
GMU offers a wide range of lectures, workshops, and research ventures, exploring the use of technological advancements in education, providing interdisciplinary knowledge, skills, and competences, with a particular focus on global perspectives, contemporary culture and Industry 4.0.
The University of Guglielmo Marconi appears among the 25 Top Performers worldwide in the categories of the U-Multirank ranking system for:
- Open access publications
- International Joint Publications
- Regional joint publications
Module One: Project Management and Implementation (20 Credits)
The module aims to serve as an elaborate introduction to the practice of project management. It addresses theapplication of knowledge, skills, tools, and techniques of project managementneeded to meet project requirements. Additionally, it offers in-depth insight into key theoriesof project management and their application in the industry using case studies.
- LO1: Understand the relevance of a Project, its Life Cycle, Stakeholders and their Roles, challenges, and the importance of Project Management.
- LO2: Create a Project Management strategy and coordinate essential resources to ensure a project’s success.
- LO3: Implement excellent project communication and stakeholder engagement management strategies.
- LO4: Acquire theability to implement and evaluate the project outcomes using measures
Module Two:Implementation and Evaluation of Business Projects (20 Credits)
This module introduces our learners to the core categories of business projects through case studies. It delves into topics of implementation of projects and their evaluation. The module explores various projects, their measure of quality, their objectives, cost, and many more key instruments that are applied in the process of project planning, execution, evaluation, and completion.
- LO1. Understand the nature and purpose of project management.
- LO2. Understand the importance of customer and contractor’s design specifications and project procedures.
- LO3. Be able to present the business project outcomes of an Information System project.
- LO4. Be able to evaluate the business project outcomes of an Information System project.
The postgraduate diploma course in Project Management is crafted with the ideal student in mind, who could a working professional or a beginner, keen onadvancing their career and/or enhancing their knowledge and abilities in the field, in a fast paced but comprehensive approach. It helps professionals to address the gap, in their knowledge, as well as innovate and improve their approach.
- Freelance Project Manager
- Project Manager
- Program Manager
- Portfolio Manager
- Industry-Specific Project Management Roles
- Senior Project Management Roles
- Project Management Firm Owner