Human Resource Management
Awarded By: GMU
Guglielmo Marconi University
Number of Modules
Post Graduate Diploma in Human Resource Management
Guglielmo Marconi University
The Postgraduate Diploma in Human Resource Management is designed to equip students, for careers, in human resource management and development, in a demanding knowledge-based work environment. It focuses on strategic and individual level improvements, considering variables such as the function of human resource management in modern organizations, challenges associated with creating strategic goals, and employment relationships.
About Guglielmo Marconi University, Italy
Guglielmo Marconi University is a modern higher education institution, which aims to pursue the latest innovative training models, as well as building strong connections with the organizations at the forefront of advanced technologies. Being fully accredited by the Italian Ministry of Education, University and Research, it offers programs recognized at the European and extra-European level giving students the possibility to develop their international careers and succeed in a globalized job market.
Marconi University Schools maintain the highest standard of program quality and innovation. Six separate schools provide a variety of graduate, doctoral and certificate programs, as well as multidisciplinary learning opportunities. The school aims to engage students in their educational journey, leveraging faculty expertise, and a collaborative learning environment that spurs critical thinking and creative skills. Marconi schools focus on research and innovation, creating interdisciplinary programs that respond to real-world issues and job demands. Their diverse academic community now boasts over 14000 students enrolled in graduate and postgraduate programs, over 300 faculty members, and an academic advising staff comprising of over 200 professionals.
Module One: Strategic Human Resource Development (20 Credits)
To achieve strategic goals companies, need to recruit, retain, and develop the right employees. In this regard, the module focuses on strategic human resource development as one important driver of successful strategy implementation. The module provides an overview of the objectives, phases and measures of personnel and leadership development and introduces, the students to different methods of training.
- Develop knowledge and understanding of the nature of HRD and planned organisational change.
- Identify and understand the role of the HRD practitioner in the development and implementation of strategic HRD plans.
- Analyse and understand how HRD links to strategic HRM and the overall corporate objectives and strategies of the organisation’.
- Develop a critical understanding of the various philosophies and contemporary practices surrounding the area of HRD including the Learning Organisation, Continuous Development, Empowerment and Knowledge Management.
Module two: Work and Organisational Psychology (20 Credits)
This module provides the learners with a detailed understanding of various implications of occupational psychology. The module guides the learners through the psychological principles and theories and
their applications in the modern global working environment. The module also helps learners get a solid understanding of Psychometric assessments and research skills required for managers.
- Analyse theories and approaches related to the application of psychology to work, organisations and management of people.
- Develop a critical understanding of work, organisational and people issues in organisations.
- Evaluate the methods and techniques in work psychology including topics on how people are assessed, motivated, and developed.
- Demonstrate knowledge about current phenomena in the work and organizational research field.
A Postgraduate Diploma in Human Resource Management opens several opportunities for advancement and development. It is designed for students who want to thrive in a global workforce. It is advantageous for students who wish to upskill or reskill to have a positive impact on business growth and advance toward leadership development.
The PGDHRM not only helps you work on the theory but also enables you to discover your style of managing people. Here are some key aspects that the learners will explore throughout
- Fundamentals of Human Resource Development
- Introduction to Work and Organizational Psychology
- Principles, theories, and models of HRD
- Research in Work and Organizational Psychology
- Organisational change Individual differences at work
- Attitudes and behaviour at work
- Organisational learning and loop concepts
- Motivation at work
- Strategic overview of developmental activities
- Recruitment and selection
- Establishing a strategic fit.
- Learning, training, and development
- Selection, implementation, and evaluation of HRD initiatives
- Performance measurement and management
- Underpinning theories and empirical evidence in HRD and organisational change.
- Careers and career management
- Case scenarios in Global HRD initiatives in MNC’s
- Safety, stress, and health at work
- Organizations: Strategy and structure
- Leadership in organizations
- Teams and teamwork
- Organizational culture, climate, and change
- Applying the Psychology of Work and Organizations
- Human resources assistant
- Benefits administrator
- Payroll specialist
- Training coordinator
- Compensation specialist
- Training manager
- HRIS specialist
- Employee relations manager