Module One: Strategic Human Resource Development (20 Credits)
- Develop knowledge and understanding of the nature of HRD and planned organisational change.
- Develop a critical understanding of the various philosophies and contemporary practices surrounding the area of HRD including the Learning Organisation, Continuous Development, Empowerment and Knowledge Management.
- Identify and understand the role of the HRD practitioner in the development and implementation of strategic HRD plans.
- Analyse and understand how HRD links to strategic HRM and the overall corporate objectives and strategies of the organisation’.
Module two: Work and Organisational Psychology (20 Credits)
- Analyse theories and approaches related to the application of psychology to work, organisations and management of people.
- Develop a critical understanding of work, organisational and people issues in organisations.
- Evaluate the methods and techniques in work psychology including topics on how people are assessed, motivated, and developed.
- Demonstrate knowledge about current phenomena in the work and organizational research field.
The PGDHRM not only helps you work on the theory but also enables you to discover your style of managing people. Here are some key aspects that the learners will explore throughout
- Fundamentals of Human Resource Development
- Introduction to Work and Organizational Psychology
- Principles, theories, and models of HRD
- Research in Work and Organizational Psychology
- Organisational change Individual differences at work
- Attitudes and behaviour at work
- Organisational learning and loop concepts
- Motivation at work
- Strategic overview of developmental activities
- Recruitment and selection
- Establishing a strategic fit.
- Learning, training, and development
- Selection, implementation, and evaluation of HRD initiatives
- Performance measurement and management
- Underpinning theories and empirical evidence in HRD and organisational change.
- Careers and career management
- Case scenarios in Global HRD initiatives in MNC’s
- Safety, stress, and health at work
- Organizations: Strategy and structure
- Leadership in organizations
- Teams and teamwork
- Organizational culture, climate, and change
- Applying the Psychology of Work and Organizations
Partners and University
About Guglielmo Marconi University
Guglielmo Marconi University is a modern higher education institution, which aims to pursue the latest innovative training models, as well as building strong connections with the organizations at the forefront of advanced technologies. Being fully accredited by the Italian Ministry of Education, University and Research, it offers programs recognized at the European and extra-European level giving students the possibility to develop their international careers and succeed in a globalized job market.Marconi University Schools maintain the highest standard of program quality and innovation. Six separate schools provide a variety of graduate, doctoral and certificate programs, as well as multidisciplinary learning opportunities. The school aims to engage students in their educational journey, leveraging faculty expertise, and a collaborative learning environment that spurs critical thinking and creative skills. Marconi schools focus on research and innovation, creating interdisciplinary programs that respond to real-world issues and job demands. Their diverse academic community now boasts over 14000 students enrolled in graduate and postgraduate programs, over 300 faculty members, and an academic advising staff comprising of over 200 professionals.