Unit 1: Taxonomy of risks – market, financial and credit risks
- Using Income Statements and Balance Sheets to review organizational financial position, capital structure & overall leverage.
- Critically analyze factors responsible for measuring risks & performance evaluation across various asset classes (bonds, commodities, foreign exchange, interest rates, equities).
- Discuss the concepts of financial contracts from a position of market risk.
- Critically examine the integrated risk management framework to support and mitigate all risk categories.
- Explore the universe of risk taxonomy and why does it matter.
- Assess the risk appetite and current level of internal audit preparedness to combat cyber risks, by reviewing early warning systems and establishing thresholds.
- Review the robustness of internal and external risk control based on business data, internal operating models, and conduct of scenario analysis.
- Develop a risk budget, by summative evaluation of risks across key risks inherent to your organization’s products, business verticals and geographies.
Unit 2: Essential financial products & Regulations
- Explain how financial systems create better management of financial market components i.e. Payment Gateways and thereby mitigate Financial Risks. across Borrowing, Savings Portfolios & Market Related Investments.
- Examine the purpose and background of Dodd-Frank Wall Street Regulation and Consumer Protection Act.
- Define the regulatory structure of consumer financial markets.
- Elaborate about the role of Securities Exchange Commission, Commodities Futures Trading Commission and the purpose of Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act. Discuss how consumer education & financial literacy programs control market related failures while balancing regulatory intervention.
- Understanding the growing consumer concerns on the emerging risks in crypto assets along with regulatory & supervisory challenges.
- Analyze the main policy issues in the crypto assets market.
- Critically analyze the role of ROFIEG towards creating an accommodative framework for tech enabled provision of financial services.
Partners and University
About Guglielmo Marconi University
Guglielmo Marconi University is a modern higher education institution, which aims to pursue the latest innovative training models, as well as building strong connections with the organizations at the forefront of advanced technologies. Being fully accredited by the Italian Ministry of Education, University and Research, it offers programs recognized at the European and extra-European level giving students the possibility to develop their international careers and succeed in a globalized job market.Marconi University Schools maintain the highest standard of program quality and innovation. Six separate schools provide a variety of graduate, doctoral and certificate programs, as well as multidisciplinary learning opportunities. The school aims to engage students in their educational journey, leveraging faculty expertise, and a collaborative learning environment that spurs critical thinking and creative skills. Marconi schools focus on research and innovation, creating interdisciplinary programs that respond to real-world issues and job demands. Their diverse academic community now boasts over 14000 students enrolled in graduate and postgraduate programs, over 300 faculty members, and an academic advising staff comprising of over 200 professionals.