Finance & Risk Management
Awarded By: GMU
Postgraduate Diploma in Finance & Risk Management
Guglielmo Marconi University
This is a foundation-focused program providing an overview of the various aspects related to financial risk management and its importance in today’s global marketplace. Furthermore, this module enables students to Identify, Measure & Manage Financial Risks experienced by privately managed and publicly listed companies amidst an increasingly volatile and uncertain international marketplace to Consistently evaluating the business modelsto sustain operations and address its profitability, liquidity, working capital management positions along with mitigating financial & investment related risks in the wake of increased tax burdens.
About Guglielmo Marconi University, Italy
UniversitàdegliStudi Guglielmo Marconi internationally referred to as Guglielmo Marconi University, is the first Italian Open University recognized by the Italian Ministry of Education, University and Research (MIUR). It currently has 16.000 students enrolled across 6 Schools: Business, Law, Political Sciences, Applied Sciences &Technologies, Arts, Education Science.
GMU offers a wide range of lectures, workshops, and research ventures, exploring the use of technological advancements in education, providing interdisciplinary knowledge, skills and competences, with a particular focus on global perspectives, contemporary culture and Industry 4.0.
The University of Guglielmo Marconi appears among the 25 Top Performers worldwide in the categories of the U-Multirank ranking system for:
- Open access publications
- International Joint Publications
- Regional joint publications
Unit 1: Taxonomy of risks – market, financial and credit risks
- Using Income Statements and Balance Sheets to review organizational financial position,
capital structure & overall leverage.
- Critically analyze factors responsible for measuring risks & performance evaluation
across various asset classes (bonds, commodities, foreign exchange, interest rates,
- Discuss the concepts of financial contracts from a position of market risk.
- Critically examine the integrated risk management framework to support and mitigate
all risk categories.
- Explore the universe of risk taxonomy and why does it matter.
- Assess the risk appetite and current level of internal audit preparedness to combat cyber risks, by reviewing early warning systems and establishing thresholds.
- Review the robustness of internal and external risk control based on business data, internal operating models, and conduct of scenario analysis.
- Develop a risk budget, by summative evaluation of risks across key risks inherent to your organization’s products, business verticals and geographies.
Unit 2: Essential financial products & Regulations
- Explain how financial systems create better management of financial market components i.e. Payment Gateways and thereby mitigate Financial Risks. across Borrowing, Savings Portfolios & Market Related Investments.
- Examine the purpose and background of Dodd-Frank Wall Street Regulation and Consumer Protection Act.
- Define the regulatory structure of consumer financial markets.
- Elaborate about the role of Securities Exchange Commission, Commodities Futures Trading Commission and the purpose of Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act. Discuss how consumer education & financial literacy programs control market related failures while balancing regulatory intervention.
- Understanding the growing consumer concerns on the emerging risks in crypto assets along with regulatory & supervisory challenges.
- Analyze the main policy issues in the crypto assets market.
- Critically analyze the role of ROFIEG towards creating an accommodative framework for tech enabled provision of financial services.